Wouldn’t it be nice to gently let your customer know that her credit balance is too low to complete the transaction, instead of having her complete the transaction and find out during order fulfillment? We don’t like confusion and frustration and neither do web shoppers! Follow these 5 easy steps to block account payments when a customer has insufficient credit:
- In NSc Sync, expand the Customer group;
- Double-click on the customer_rmsaccount field;
- Click on the Advanced button and enter the following:
CASE WHEN (customer.CreditLimit-customer.AccountBalance) < 1 THEN 0 ELSE (customer.CreditLimit-customer.AccountBalance) END
- Click OK, OK again and Synchronize to effect the change to the webstore;
- Create an appropriate test web order and go to checkout to confirm it’s behaving as expected.
The logic behind account payments is as follows:
- For the credit card plugin version (for example, if you’re using Mercury Payments, or Cynergy, etc.), if the available credit is zero or less than the basket amount, the account payment option is not displayed;
- For the dedicated store account plugin, the option is presented, but on attempting to make the payment, the webstore will indicate that there are insufficient funds to complete the transaction.
If you need assistance with any of these instructions, as always, please don’t hesitate to open a ticket on our Partner Portal.
Please note: this feature is currently only available on the Early Adopters’ version of the webstore!