Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP)
Canadian businesses can get the development of their e-commerce website funded by up to $2,400 with the Grow Your Business Online grant.
Trusted by leading BUSINESSES
What is the Canada Digital Adoption Program?
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) is a funding program set up by the Canadian government to help small to medium-sized businesses expand their operations online. The CDAP offers different grants to help businesses. The Grow Your Business Online grant lets you expand your business into online channels.
How much can I receive?
With the Grow Your Business Online grant you can receive up to $2,400 to set up e-commerce functionality for your store. For Canadian retailers that want to start selling online with WebSell, the Grow Your Business Online grant can help offset your setup costs.
Grow Your Business Online Grant
WebSell can work with you on your application for the Grow Your Business Online grant. Here’s some more information about the grant application process and eligibility criteria.
- Step 1: Confirm your eligibility to apply for the grant.
- Step 2: Discuss your e-commerce project with WebSell.
- Step 3: Develop your e-commerce plan.
- Step 4: Apply for your grant.
Use the CDAP grant assessment tool to find out if your business qualifies.
You can get funding through CDAP if your business:
- is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- is registered or incorporated
- is consumer-facing (sells goods and services directly to end consumers)
- has at least one employee (other than the owner) OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year
- commits to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months
- agrees to participate in follow-up surveys, share data about the experience, and have its name published as a grant recipient
Your business is not eligible if it is:
- a corporate chain, franchise or registered charity
- a representative of a multi-level marketing company
- a brokerage firm, such as real estate agents, investment advisors, insurance agents, etc.
- a business that is engaged in online reselling or drop-shipping reliant on third-party suppliers
- a wholesale or distribution business and manufacturer (unless you sell directly to consumers)
What does the grant cover?
Note: All eligible costs must be directly tied to the setting up of your new e-commerce store.
- Development of a new e-commerce webstore
- Any costs related to the installation and integration of a new e-commerce platform
- E-commerce software including:
- Software to track and manage inventory, as well as fulfill and ship orders
- Software for product databases
- Software to track sales, market to customers, offer discounts
- Cyber security software or certifications
- Costs related to the marketing of your business online including:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social media advertising
- Developing a digital marketing strategy
- Hardware and accompanying software up to 20% of total grant amount
- This could include any software or equipment that is required to support your integrated e-commerce strategy. For example, upgrading your POS system.
Grow more with marketing services
THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX TO DELIVER REVENUE FOR YOU.
Competition in online retail is a given, so you need to stand out from the crowd. Our digital marketing experts can help your business differentiate and find new sources of revenue online.
With services like PPC, SEO, Email Marketing, and Social Media Marketing, we can help your business grow online. Our team of experts have marketing agency backgrounds that enables us to deliver quality services. Working with our marketing services team you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate your business
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive more sales and revenue
We take the growth of your e-commerce store seriously. We focus on results and sales and we don’t hide from the data.
Become an e-commerce success story
OWN E-COMMERCE AND MAKE IT PART OF YOUR STORY.
Many WebSell retailers are leaders in their industry. By working with our teams on design, development, marketing, and more, they’ve been able to carve their story out.
Many of our retailers were new to e-commerce when finding us and almost all would be lost without their online sales now. Make your store a success story on the e-commerce platform with a difference.
Learn through the stories from our top retailers:
How many employees does my business need to have?
A minimum of one full-time or part-time worker who has been working for at least three months before applying. Owner not included. If the company does not employ anybody, they can certify that they made at least $30,000 in revenue during the most recent tax year.
How long is the CDAP program running for?
The CDAP program ends March 31, 2025.
Can I apply for the grant every year?
No, a business is only eligible for one grant of $2,400 per entity.
Do I get paid the $2,400 up front?
No, in order to be repaid for their eligible expenses, each business is required to present paid receipts.
When can I start spending the grant?
The firm will be required to sign a grant agreement and provide direct deposit information after submitting their expenditure plan and having it approved by a funding administrator. The Funding Manager will send an email to the business allowing purchases after these papers are received and accepted; only then may the business spend its cash.
Can WebSell help with my application?
We can’t submit your application for you, but we can work with you to develop your application. You can work with an e-commerce advisor during your application who can guide you through the finer details of the application process.
Want to add WebSell to your application?
Request a free demo and we can shows you how our integrated e-commerce platform works. We will also discuss your grant application and see what costs it covers.